ATTENTION: Please check with the venue to confirm all events not sponsored by Write by the Rails. For questions on Write by the Rails events, email WriteByTheRails@Gmail.com
- This event has passed.
Writing a Book from A – Z
2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm UTC+0
Writing a book is a great accomplishment, but once you’ve finished you’ll learn you’ve only taken the first step on a thousand-mile journey. In this session will cover all the various aspects for taking that “finished” manuscript and getting it to a book available for others to read. Some of the topics we’ll discuss
- Editing: Structural/content, line, and copy editing what to know about each
- Editing: What to expect from your publisher
- Editing: Hiring your own if you self-publish
- Beta Readers – how to find them, how to maximize their input
- Cover design – the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Layout – considerations for print and ebooks
- Audiobooks – what’s involved?
- Proofing – the last step before the trigger is pulled
- Printing (Print-on-demand verses print-runs)
And of course, there will be plenty of time for Q&AFollow us on social media!