ATTENTION: Please check with the venue to confirm all events not sponsored by Write by the Rails. For questions on Write by the Rails events, email WriteByTheRails@Gmail.com
- This event has passed.
So You Wrote Your Book, Now What? Publishing World Options
2019 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm UTC+0
The publishing industry has changed drastically in the past decade, and it continues to evolve. This workshop discusses an author’s options, from Traditional to Small Press to Indie Publishing. Highlights will include:
- Pros and cons of each option.
- What you can expect in your quest to obtain a Traditional contract vs. Small Press. Research, time investment, handling rejection.
- Short overview of getting an agent – How & where to search. What they are looking for.
- Going Indie – What you can expect. Covers, formatting, editing, and costs associated with going Indie. The importance of Amazon and other avenues you can use for distribution and obtaining hard copies.
- Marketing – Every author MUST market no matter which publishing track you take. In order to achieve success, you need to decide if you can make an investment of money or your time to get results.