ATTENTION: Please check with the venue to confirm all events not sponsored by Write by the Rails. For questions on Write by the Rails events, email WriteByTheRails@Gmail.com
- This event has passed.
Money Matters: The Economics of Self and Traditional Publishing
2019 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm UTC+0
In today’s publishing environment there are many choices for authors: Big-five, small press, self-publishing, and a myriad of other options such as Amazon Imprints, audio and foreign rights sales.
Topics will include:
- What to expect for advances for debut authors
- What to expect for advances for previously published authors
- Standard Royalty Rates and how they are calculated
- Unit sales and return on reserves and how they affect an author’s income
- How much to budget if self-publishing
- Income potential when self-publishing
- Audio sales and how to maximize author income
Of course, there will be plenty of time for Q&A.Follow us on social media!